Monday 28 April 2014

Variety showcase project

13/03/14

For this project we are working to put together 3 musical numbers for our college's variety show that will run for 3 performances. For this project we have to combine acting, singing and dancing this is for the variety showcase and we will be graded on acting and others. So far we have come to the decision of performing the songs 'Just The Way You Are' by Bruno Mars; the song Cabaret from the 1972 musical film starring Liza Minnelli and the song 'When I Grow Up' from the musical Matilda. This is because they proved popular amongst some of our group.We started with Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are" We then began to harmonise the intro. Then some of our group wanted to have solo parts so our teacher instructed those who wanted solos, to stand in a line and take it in turns to sing the lyrics. I decided I want a solo part in the song because I feel confident enough to sing on my own, the other reason was I love the song . Then we were given feedback by the people who where watching us and I got a solo. Recently we have been learning the dance routine to the song, Cabaret. The dance is good and the song is funny to do because the song is very catchy and the actual dance routine is very exciting to perform. So far we have had our dance teacher Teaching us the dance every Tuesdays in but now we feel confident as a group doing the dance. At first I did struggle with some of the moves because I did not know any moves I missed some lesson but now I feel that I am improving. Now I just need to look sharp when I'm doing it. Then after we were now been given the lyrics to the Cabaret and we had a few run-throughs of it. The group and I started working on the song with our teacher Caroline  we began singing the Bruno Mars song with the group being split into different groups. We had the 6 solo singers singing the actual lyrics to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment