Monday 28 April 2014

Rehearsals

Today we went through the Cabaret dance routine and I  have now put together our final performance. Some of us including myself are still a bit rusty with some of the moves but we shall improve once the rehearsals progress. I am very much enjoying dancing to Cabaret because it has made me more confident with dance itself and has been very enjoyable.We have also tried to add the singing of the song in with the movement too. This has proved quite successful as we are beginning to get more into the performance side of things and are all becoming more confident with it. I am struggling with the singing and movement together at the moment because I can't manage to keep up with it all as it is such a fast-paced song. But once I become more confident with the lyrics to the song, I shall be able to combine it with the movement i feel that I a improving with the movement as I am becoming more confident with the kick steps which I struggled with in previous rehearsals. I do still need to ensure that my footing is in the right time with my group members. Today we went through the Cabaret dance routine once again and have now put together our final piece. Some of us including myself are still a bit rusty with some of the movement but we shall improve once in progress. I am very much enjoying dancing to Cabaret because it has made me more confident with dance itself and has been very enjoyable.We have also tried to add the singing of the song in with the movement. This has proved quite successful as we are beginning to get more into the piece of things and are all becoming more confident with it. I am struggling with the singing and movement together at the moment because I can't manage to keep up with it all as it is such a fast-paced song. But once I become more confident with the lyrics to the song, I shall be able to combin it with the movement side. am feeling that I am improving with the movement as I am becoming more confident with the Charleston which I struggled with in previous rehearsals. I do still need to ensure that my footing is in time with my hands, in order to create a successful Charleston.Today we also worked on staging the Bruno Mars number whilst adding in the lyrics with our vocal coach.  I do feel that the staging of the Bruno Mars number is effective because it gives the audience a casual look at our interpretation of the song and it shows that we are all enjoying it and look relaxed.oday we also worked on staging the Bruno Mars number whilst adding in the lyrics with our vocal coach. Our staging for this number is very simple tt involve having half of the group on one side then the other half on the other. Then we would all walk on individually still singing the harmonies to the song, then we would assume our positio on stage. Our positions on stage are scattered with some members of the group seated and some members standing. I do feel that the staging of the Bruno Mars number is effective because it gives the audience a look at our interpretation of the song and it shows that we are all enjoying the number  and looking very relaxed about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment